Secondary School Tours
SECONDARY SCHOOL GROUPS
The Farmyard is the perfect destination to facilitate team and relationship building. Through a series of fun activities we explore our dependence on the land and the origins of the food cycle.
This programme lasts for four hours and includes:
- Making a pizza in the traditional clay oven using the fruits of the organic polytunnel.
- Céilí Dancing and Bodhrán lessons. Learn the Siege of Ennis in its native county and the rhythm of the Bodhrán. This is a skill for life that will provide endless laughter and fun.
- Team building exercises – compete as a team through a series of challenges that helps create an awareness of individual traits and stimulates the competitive genes.
- Take a trip back in time where ancient traditions are demonstrated such as making a sugán rope or churning butter.
- Enjoy the craic of interacting with the animals through sheep-dog trials and sheep and goat racing.
We provide a completely safe environment with experienced staff where teenagers can thoroughly enjoy themselves.
TRANSITION YEAR 2 DAY PROGRAMME
The Farmyard will offer an exciting get away programme of fun, adventure, self discovery and team building for transition students. The 2 day action packed programme will include:
- A series of farmyard adrenalin boosting activities to include zorbing, sheep and goat racing, gathering farm produce and turning it into a sustainable meal, team building obstacle relays and Céilí dancing.
- Choice of overnight stay by camping on the farm with use of outdoor showering and toilet facilities or overnight stay in the Corofin Hostel www.corofincamping.com.
- Choice of day trip to the Burren Outdoor Education Centre or visit the Cliffs of Moher, Burren Perfumery and Fr. Ted’s House.