The Farmyard provides international tourists with a unique insight into Irish country life past and present. Ideally located at the foot of Mullaghmor mountain and only twenty minutes from either the the Cliffs of Moher, Ennis or Gort, this “hidden treasure” provides a quality authentic Irish experience in the heart of the Burren.
All of our packages can be tailored according to the needs of individual tours and our sample activities include:
- Partake in a traditional Irish dance such as the “the siege of Ennis”
- Take turns at milking the cow by hand
- Enjoy a guided walk around the farm with highlights such as spectacular views of Mullaghmor mountain and Mullagh stone fort
- Learn how to churn some butter using a traditional Irish Butter Churn
- Watch a sheep shearing demonstration
- Develop the age old custom of baking a loaf of Irish Brown Bread
The Farmyard facilities include a farm shop selling award winning irish products, and tea rooms which serve freshly made refreshments or light lunches using produce from its organic Polytunnel and vegetable/fruit gardens.
All activities must be pre-booked.
Download our Brochure “Burren Cultural Activity Programme“